What activities would an Alaskan malamute succeed in?

I have three Alaskan malamutes at home. They are two males and a female. They are 1 year old and have been very bored lately. Because of the hot weather and there heavy coats I don't know what to enroll them in to get them working throughout the whole…

I have three Alaskan malamutes at home. They are two males and a female. They are 1 year old and have been very bored lately. Because of the hot weather and there heavy coats I don't know what to enroll them in to get them working throughout the whole…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What activities would an Alaskan malamute succeed in?...

• What activities would an Alaskan malamute succeed in?

What activities would an Alaskan malamute succeed in? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have three Alaskan malamutes at home. They are two males and a female. They are 1 year old and have been very bored lately. Because of the hot weather and there heavy coats I don't know what to enroll them in to get them working throughout the whole year. I want them to experience new activities and have fun. What can I do?Also, i need sports to go all round. I do sled pulling and weight pulling in the winter but I don't know what to do in the summer spring or fall!

What activities would an Alaskan malamute succeed in? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Alaskan Malamutes succeed in several dog sports, including conformation, obedience competition, weight pulling, skijoring, backpacking, and recreational sledding. Here's more info:http://lnk.nu/dogtime.com/t4z.html

• Since you have winter sports, how about a summer sport like Dock Diving? That way it keeps the dog cool, as Malamutes have a lot of coat and overheat easily. Obedience, or Rally (which is more fun) can be done indoors all year round and don't require the speed of agility of flyball.

• You can do some of the same activities , just do them early in the morning and late in the evening . Maybe go for bike rides with your dog and family in the late evening to the park - where he can get a break and a drink and ride home :) Good luck !!

• I've seen People put wheels on their sleds Or they buy them like that or something, IDK but Ive seen them. It would be simple to just add some wheels and then remove them for winter. Play night fetch with a Light up ball! lol.Have fun!

• As was said above run your guys n gal at nite or early morning have you ever thought of back packing your dogs it is something i do he in NZL to keep my guys n gals amused during our summer.Heres a link to some pictures i have posted up on the webb if you want to look at wheeled rigs/gigs and scooters as we (contry to popular belif) dont get a lot on snow in New Zealand we use wheeled rigs to freight race etc.www.longnitedogs.zoomshare.com theres around 40 odd pics here.