how to tell the difference between a white pomeranian and american eskimo dog?

i recently bought a white pomeranian it looks alot like some white pomeranians i have seen but it also looks and has alot of the characteristics of the toy american eskimo dogs, does anyone know how to tell the difference?

i recently bought a white pomeranian it looks alot like some white pomeranians i have seen but it also looks and has alot of the characteristics of the toy american eskimo dogs, does anyone know how to tell the difference?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : how to tell the difference between a white pomeranian and american eskimo dog?...

• how to tell the difference between a white pomeranian and american eskimo dog?

how to tell the difference between a white pomeranian and american eskimo dog? Dog Breed Discussions
      i recently bought a white pomeranian it looks alot like some white pomeranians i have seen but it also looks and has alot of the characteristics of the toy american eskimo dogs, does anyone know how to tell the difference?

how to tell the difference between a white pomeranian and american eskimo dog? Dog Breed Discussions
    • you can always kind of tell by the nose, the shape of the face, and the tail and how small they are, and how they walk :)lol..pom pom's bounce when they walk, their faces are really small and petite, and they have the CUTEST noses they look like little buttons :Dtheir tails will ALWAYS curl up and they are LITTLE dogs...hope i helped :)

• thats a hard one! a pomeranian that is "standard", that is, one that would do well in the show ring should not look anything at all like an american eskimo dog. The Pom would be MUCH smaller, and the tail has a very dramatic set, curled up and over the back. This curl is much more severe than you see in some other spitz breeds. However, pet quality poms from byb breeders and mills are generally alot bigger and have a much wider range of features. Without having registration papers and personal knowledge that the parents listed are correct, it would be next to impossible to tell a poorly bred Pom from a pet-quality Eskie. You probably have a Pom, if thats what the papers say. If the dog was found or is paperless though, its possible you have an eskie or even some other sort of mixed breed :) So long as you love her, thats whats important ;) -Neb