movie:fox and the hound... not blood hound!?

in the movie the fox and the hound when copper(the hound) gets older he doesn't look like a bloodhound google it! its a american foxhound google it! and compare it! believe me you will agree ... i want myself an american foxhound

in the movie the fox and the hound when copper(the hound) gets older he doesn't look like a bloodhound google it! its a american foxhound google it! and compare it! believe me you will agree ... i want myself an american foxhound...
    Dog Breed Discussions : movie:fox and the hound... not blood hound!?...

• movie:fox and the hound... not blood hound!?

movie:fox and the hound... not blood hound!? Dog Breed Discussions
      in the movie the fox and the hound when copper(the hound) gets older he doesn't look like a bloodhound google it! its a american foxhound google it! and compare it! believe me you will agree ... i want myself an american foxhound

movie:fox and the hound... not blood hound!? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I wouldn't recommend it as a pet. They smell, they bay (aROOO!!!), they run all over the place - they're hounds, not pets, and mostly they are kept in big kennels with a lot of other hounds - they can also be very destructive, if they aren't with theior dog friends and getbored. And did I mention they bay?! aROO aROOO aROOO!!! Seriously, no you don't.

• Maybe it was supposed to be a Bloodhound, just like Scoobie-Doo is a Great Dane even though they don't come in the coloring. Other possibilities are American Foxhound or some breed of Coonhound (Redbone, Bluetick, Black and Tan, English, Plott, Treeing Walker). I think he looks most similar to the Treeing Walker Coonhound, coloring wise. I really don't recommend any of these breeds as pets. They want to roam, hunt, and track. It simply isn't fair to expect these breed to be happy living a life as a simple pet.

• *smacks forehead* sure you do. Cooper in the movie is just a nonspecific coonhound. In the book he is HALF bloodhound. He is NOT an American Foxhound. Not to mention its a damn animated cartoon. However none of that means an American Foxhound is the right breed for you.