What are the features that differentiate between a Rottweiler and a Doberman?

Head shape - Rottie square, Doby pointed.Body configuration - Rottie barrel, Doby streamlined.Intelligence - Rottie dumb, Doby smart.Affection - Rottie playful, Doby formalThe purebred Rottweiler would greet anybody by licking on their faces, may it be a…

Head shape - Rottie square, Doby pointed.Body configuration - Rottie barrel, Doby streamlined.Intelligence - Rottie dumb, Doby smart.Affection - Rottie playful, Doby formalThe purebred Rottweiler would greet anybody by licking on their faces, may it be a…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are the features that differentiate between a Rottweiler and a Doberman?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are the features that differentiate between a Rottweiler and a Doberman?

What are the features that differentiate between a Rottweiler and a Doberman? Dog Breed Discussions
      Head shape - Rottie square, Doby pointed.Body configuration - Rottie barrel, Doby streamlined.Intelligence - Rottie dumb, Doby smart.Affection - Rottie playful, Doby formalThe purebred Rottweiler would greet anybody by licking on their faces, may it be a member of the family or burglars. The Doberman licks the hand of his master once and positions himself in attention to deter any terrorist attack.It would be best just to report gender, colors and size. Let the pound worry about the breed. Based on your description, the dog is a mutt.

What are the features that differentiate between a Rottweiler and a Doberman? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Rottweiler has muscular body and the ears are down, while a Dobermans body is almost like a Greyhound but the ears is pointing up. Colors are similar with some yellow spot above the eye. Labradors body is almost the same as the Rottweiler. Stocky with huge head, while the Dobermans head and face is somewhat longer and skinny just like the German Shepherd. @ Lorraine's avatar, that's exactly a Rottweilers look like...

• COLOR isn't even a clue,let alone PROOF!Dozens of breeds can be black&tan...several MUST=there's even a coonhound NAMED BLACK AND TAN!!!= & BILLIONS of mutts are!You found a stray BLACK&TAN MUTT!

• Rottweilers are a lot "chunkier", their heads are wider and their muzzles are wider. You should compare your' dog to rottweilers and dobermans on google to see which your' dog is most similar to. Your dog could be a badly bred rottweiler or dobermann.

• I hope that you were honest enough to take her into either the vet's or you local animal control office and have her scanned for a microchip. Dobermans and Rotts look nothing alike.

• Do you have a picture you can post? These 2 breeds look nothing alike other than their markings. It probably is a mix. If it is, you can't report the correct breed, as a mix is a mix.....not a breed.

• A badly bred rottie could look like a dobie if you are not familiar with them.If you have any pics of her yet and you wish to email them to me then I would be happy to take a look and give you an opinion. They still would have a different look about them.Horse lover -- that won't help much as any pics you find will be of well bred dogs. I have seen many slim faced young rotties that are pure rotts but not good examples. They would also fill out a little as they grow

• I rescued a young, female dog yesterday. At first, I thought she was a Rottweiler X; but the more I look at her, the more I think she might be a Doberman (tail not docked and ears not cropped). I need to make a few calls, and I want to make sure I report the correct breed.