How do i make my pitbull puppy get along with my cat?

We found a 3 month old pitbull puppy alongside the street and took her home. she is very sweet with people but tried to tear up my cat when they were together. She just came home today and maybe it might take some time to get them along. could this be a…

We found a 3 month old pitbull puppy alongside the street and took her home. she is very sweet with people but tried to tear up my cat when they were together. She just came home today and maybe it might take some time to get them along. could this be a…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do i make my pitbull puppy get along with my cat?...

• How do i make my pitbull puppy get along with my cat?

How do i make my pitbull puppy get along with my cat? Dog Breed Discussions
      We found a 3 month old pitbull puppy alongside the street and took her home. she is very sweet with people but tried to tear up my cat when they were together. She just came home today and maybe it might take some time to get them along. could this be a reason or is their no hope for them?

How do i make my pitbull puppy get along with my cat? Dog Breed Discussions
    • the dog could be animal agressive but she is still young enough that I think with time they could get along. YOu need to tell her "no!" anytime she tries to get the cat, my dogs are pits and live with birds that walk around on the floor as well as a rat. they know the other animals are my babies and they arent allowed to touch them. well they touch them but dont hurt them. Dont leave the cat and dog unsupervised, you dont want a murder to take place. My dogs sniff the birds butts when theyre walking around, its funny, and my 10mth old puppies first playmate in my home was my quaker parrot since my older pit was scared of him for the first week, the bird and pupply played chase and hide and seek!!! the bird crawls down from his cage just to play with the dogs. its pretty sad to see a APBT playing with a little quaker parrot.lol My bird is way meaner then my dogs, thats always the joke when people come to my house- beware of the bird not the pit...the bird will definately bite a stranger first!