What have you heard about American Alsatians?

I've been studying them all day. I guess they were bred in 1988 for companionship only. They were a cross between a German Shepherd, <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/">Alaskan Malamute</a>, Anatolian Shepherd, English Mastiff, and Great Pyrenees. Has anyone had any experience with them or…

I've been studying them all day. I guess they were bred in 1988 for companionship only. They were a cross between a German Shepherd, <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/10-alaskan-malamute/">Alaskan Malamute</a>, Anatolian Shepherd, English Mastiff, and Great Pyrenees. Has anyone had any experience with them or…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What have you heard about American Alsatians?...

• What have you heard about American Alsatians?

What have you heard about American Alsatians? Dog Breed Discussions
      I've been studying them all day. I guess they were bred in 1988 for companionship only. They were a cross between a German Shepherd, Alaskan Malamute, Anatolian Shepherd, English Mastiff, and Great Pyrenees. Has anyone had any experience with them or heard anything about them? The breed standard (on the breeders website) says they're supposed to be calm, quiet, companion dogs that follow you everywhere.

What have you heard about American Alsatians? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I was initially interested in them until i looked at the breeder's site more. She sounds nutter than squirrel sh*t. There is an entire section on the site where she goes back and forth with people, ranting over questions posed to her about the dogs. There is even correspondence between her and her sister. After seeing that I got a little paranoid and looked up the "breeder" online. Most reputable breed associations consider her to be a nightmare and her dogs to be nothing more than mutts with a fancy name. She and her animals have too many issues for me to even consider getting one.

• Alsatian is another name for the German shepherd dog. It doesn't matter if you're in America or somewhere else. The American alsatian is a mixed breed with a fancy designer dog name. They're kind of like a cockapoo or pomchi.

• MUTT with NO purpose. DESTROYING the good breeds they stem from.If you want a mixed breed dog, then fine, no problem! There are many GREAT mutts out there. HOWEVER, they shouldn't be "purchased" from idiot breeders who have no right even OWNING dogs. They should be adopted or rescued from local shelters or people who really do accept responsibility for their accidental litters and give them away or sell them for a fair price.

• The only time I ever heard the name used for German Shepherds was right after WWII, when anti-German sentiment was still high. Over time, the name fell out of favor and it is hardly ever used today.