Does a mix breed take longer to grow than a full breed?

my dog is mixed with a german shepherd and a rotweiler and it's kinda small for its age.

my dog is mixed with a german shepherd and a rotweiler and it's kinda small for its age....
    Dog Breed Discussions : Does a mix breed take longer to grow than a full breed?...

• Does a mix breed take longer to grow than a full breed?

Does a mix breed take longer to grow than a full breed? Dog Breed Discussions
      my dog is mixed with a german shepherd and a rotweiler and it's kinda small for its age.

Does a mix breed take longer to grow than a full breed? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Large breed or mixes grow slower than small breed dogs. I have a Maltese and she was full grown at 9 months. I also have a 10 week old Anatolian Shepherd who will not be full grown (125-140lbs) until she is about 3 or 4 YEARS old.

• It could be that somewhere along the line there was a smaller GSD or smaller Rottie in the mix. Not all of them are huge. Or perhaps a smaller dog of another breed in it's lineage?

• All breeds grow at different rates. It is impossible to tell when your dog will reach its full maturity due to the mix of breeds. The larger breeds tend to fill out completely later than the smaller breeds.

• It depends. Keep in mind that different breeds grow at different rates. A German Shepherd remains a puppy much longer than most breeds. Even though a German Shepherd is already huge by the time it's 6 months old, it's still growing and maturing rapidly. A German Shepherd doesn't reach it's full physical or mental maturity until after 3 years of age. The Rottweiler is a large, slow-growing breed, and won't be considered 'mature' or fully grown until he/she is at least 18 months to 2 years old.