how can i stop my 2 dogs barking at the horses?

i have two 5 month boarder collie/kelpie pups and there crazy, and they run around the horses barking at them and there gonna get hurt one day, how can i control them from doing this ?

i have two 5 month boarder collie/kelpie pups and there crazy, and they run around the horses barking at them and there gonna get hurt one day, how can i control them from doing this ?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : how can i stop my 2 dogs barking at the horses?...

• how can i stop my 2 dogs barking at the horses?

how can i stop my 2 dogs barking at the horses? Dog Breed Discussions
      i have two 5 month boarder collie/kelpie pups and there crazy, and they run around the horses barking at them and there gonna get hurt one day, how can i control them from doing this ?

how can i stop my 2 dogs barking at the horses? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Step one - Obedience training.Step two - find something for them to do with all the herding instinct they have - agility flyball anything something.Step three - until you have them trained and settled do not let them off lead around your horses. And yes you are right eventually one of the horse may get fed up with your pups attempts to herd them.ETA: Shock collars are a training tool of last resort and should only be used under the guidance of a professional trainer. These a pups who are making it quite clear they need training and jobs. do not jump into the extreme deep end for a quick fix.

• Well, they're still young enough to be trained, that's good. If a leash is out of the question, whenever you catch them going near the horse's fence give 'em a good "nasty voice" yell and a little pop on the rear. You can also buy pet repellent and put around the perimeter of the fence, even though I imagine that would take a lot of it. Good luck!

• rather than shock collars they have spray collars which you control when to spray. the military working dog program utilizes them for their younger still-puppish dogs.http://www.asenashop.com/ivn/pr-0/7035.html