Maltese Shiatsu female dog growls when plays with another dog. Why?

Why? dose my mum's dog 1 half years old Maltese Shitzu female dog growls when she plays with the Kelpie x 1 year old female. And before she had a Rottweiler. But my mum's boyfriend split up with my mum and the boyfriend took the Rottweiler with him, the…

Why? dose my mum's dog 1 half years old Maltese Shitzu female dog growls when she plays with the Kelpie x 1 year old female. And before she had a Rottweiler. But my mum's boyfriend split up with my mum and the boyfriend took the Rottweiler with him, the…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Maltese Shiatsu female dog growls when plays with another dog. Why?...

• Maltese Shiatsu female dog growls when plays with another dog. Why?

Maltese Shiatsu female dog growls when plays with another dog. Why? Dog Breed Discussions
      Why? dose my mum's dog 1 half years old Maltese Shitzu female dog growls when she plays with the Kelpie x 1 year old female. And before she had a Rottweiler. But my mum's boyfriend split up with my mum and the boyfriend took the Rottweiler with him, the Rottweiler was a she about 4 years old. The Maltese Shitzu always growled when played with the Rottweiler as well. It this normal or dose she not like the other dog?

Maltese Shiatsu female dog growls when plays with another dog. Why? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I have 2 dogs that growl when theya re playing. it is normal. it is their way of talking to each other. their growls will change into a more serious sound if eithe r of them is getting mean.

• Just sounds like excitement. My Shih Tzu growls all the time, just her way of 'talking to you'.If she is not hostile and/or snappy then i wouldnt worry at all.