How cold is to cold for German Shepherd?

What do you think would be to cold to leave a German Shepherd outside over night? She has a garage with warm blankets to go inside of should it rain, but what do you think would be to cold for her? She is 2 years old by the way.She usually sleeps inside…

What do you think would be to cold to leave a German Shepherd outside over night? She has a garage with warm blankets to go inside of should it rain, but what do you think would be to cold for her? She is 2 years old by the way.She usually sleeps inside…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How cold is to cold for German Shepherd?...

• How cold is to cold for German Shepherd?

How cold is to cold for German Shepherd? Dog Breed Discussions
      What do you think would be to cold to leave a German Shepherd outside over night? She has a garage with warm blankets to go inside of should it rain, but what do you think would be to cold for her? She is 2 years old by the way.She usually sleeps inside but sometimes wants to be outside. I think she gets to hot inside at night.

How cold is to cold for German Shepherd? Dog Breed Discussions
    • cold is cold, take the dog inside the housedogs need to be kept warm...and cold weather is bad to leave outside, as is hot hot summersBreeder/show/handler 15 yrsunless the garage is heated and very warm, that is not good either....poor baby

• put on a jumper (not a thick one) and go outside. Does ur belly and back feel cold still? If it does then it's too cold for ur dog. And if it's a cold night just make sure she doesnt get wet, because she will be 10 times colder still being wet...

• The garage is not considered sleeping inside. It also won't protect from the cold. It may be dry but if the weather is damp, the dampness even seeps into the blankets and you risk her getting sick. If it's too cold for you outside, it's too cold for your dog. That's a good rule of thumb. We always had a doggie door so that the dogs could choose whether it was too cold to be outside. We locked it during the summer so that outside was not an option since it is so easy to lose a dog in the heat.

• why are u asking? a domestic dog can not take the cold really, I have a husky/chow mix and live in chicago. Some nights when is really cold, wind chill around zero or below he will hop on three legs alternating and we just run out for at most five minutes. Up here cold is cold! A dogs pads can crack, and they are pack animals, I do not imagine he WANTS to be in the garage when you are in the house. Be kind and let the baby in or find a good home that will.

• If she get to hot in the house then I'd let her out in the garage. She should be fine. But I would have her in the house until you see she is getting to hot. Same would apply for warm weather also.(plenty fresh clean water) She would be fine she is letting you know!

• If she likes to be outside then thats fine, don't worry about all the 'dogs should be inside all the time' comments. Go with what the dog prefers.German Shepherds are tough dogs, and they have pretty thick coats. So long as it's not too close to freezing then she should be fine (don't forget about windchill if she isn't in the garage).If she likes to spend most nights outside, try investing in a trampoline style bed. They keep dogs warm because they're raised off the cold ground (add blankets and she'll be doubly so!)

• Belive it or not but GOD didn;t build houses for dogs or cats or any other animal.Your German shepherd will do fine outside in winter.Ours survives nicely in a kennel with a couple of blankets, with the temp getting down around -5 (minus 5 degrees centigrade) They have fur to keep them warm.