How do i make sure I buy the right rottweiler?

As La Vita.Hip and elbow problems are very rare in good quality show dogs, whose owners can trace hip / elbow scoring through the lines of both dogs. Check for nice calm temperament also if you are not that experienced in the breed. You don't want a dog…

As La Vita.Hip and elbow problems are very rare in good quality show dogs, whose owners can trace hip / elbow scoring through the lines of both dogs. Check for nice calm temperament also if you are not that experienced in the breed. You don't want a dog…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do i make sure I buy the right rottweiler?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do i make sure I buy the right rottweiler?

How do i make sure I buy the right rottweiler? Dog Breed Discussions
      As La Vita.Hip and elbow problems are very rare in good quality show dogs, whose owners can trace hip / elbow scoring through the lines of both dogs. Check for nice calm temperament also if you are not that experienced in the breed. You don't want a dog with a high drive (pinging) character as they are hard work. My avatar b*tch is, and she is 7 yrs old going on 6 months bless her, she'll never grow up. This is something you do have to watch with some lines. Badly bred rotties however most certainly do have problems. However once you get a good quality pup then the correct quality food and correct exercise is also very important. Remember the 5 minute rule. 5 mins per day per month of life for lead walking, and then allow free play also. A pup will not over exert during free play. I presume you are US, so can't help you with where to go. If UK then I know most of the good quality pups around. Also deal with hundreds of rescue dogs including pups. Just got two 8 week old pups out of a bad situation with their mother last weekend.

How do i make sure I buy the right rottweiler? Dog Breed Discussions
    • The BEST breeders will:~ show/work their dogs~ be registered with a reputable agency (AKC, KC, Canadian Kennel Club)~ be listed with their breed club~ breed dogs 2+ years old with all genetic health clearances (you'll see things like OFA and CERF)~ are very transparent in their proceedings and tell you everything you want to know; why they're breeding, what they're doing to eradicate congenital disease, why they choose the lines they do)~ their puppy contract states that if you cannot keep the dog at any point in its life it must be returned to them~ their puppy contract clearly states which diseases they're responsible for and how long it is (should be 2+ years)Here is a great basic outline of a good breeder vs. a bad breeder: http://www.jlhweb.net/Boxermap/reputablebreeder.html

• I am planning on buying a rottweiler, but I hear if you buy from the wrong breeders they can have weak bones and hip dysplasia. How do I make sure that I am going to buy from the right breeders, because I Want to prevent that from happening. Please be as specific as possible. 10 points for best answer