When do female basset hounds go into their first and second heats?

I have a 6 month old female basset hound. I am going to breed her and I know I should wait until the second heat. When will she go into her first and second heats?

I have a 6 month old female basset hound. I am going to breed her and I know I should wait until the second heat. When will she go into her first and second heats?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : When do female basset hounds go into their first and second heats?...

• When do female basset hounds go into their first and second heats?

When do female basset hounds go into their first and second heats? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a 6 month old female basset hound. I am going to breed her and I know I should wait until the second heat. When will she go into her first and second heats?

When do female basset hounds go into their first and second heats? Dog Breed Discussions
    • If you have to ask on yahoo, you shouldn't breedIs she even champion lineage? Do you have her parent's medical history? How do you know she's not carrying something? Do you have a breeding mentor? Are you even reputable? Do you even know what I'm talking about?

• Females come into first heat at around 6-9 months and then usually every 6 months after that. (but all dogs are different, could be every 9 months.) But if you are thinking of breeding shouldn't you know this?????????

• *looks around for basset*Well while we wait on them.NO you wait until they are TWO years old and fully grown.You wait until they have passed all their genetic clearancesYou wait until your dog has earned a CH of some sore to show they are a good example of the breed.You wait until YOU have found a reputable breeder to mentor you and you have spent YEARS learning.You wait until you have found the right stud and worked out a suitable contractYou wait until you have a full waiting list of homes for these pups.You have a LONG way to go than just her second heat before you can even THINK about breeding her.

• The first heat comes between 6 and 9 months old, and every six months after.Getting the litter on the ground is only half the battle. Although many litters are born without trouble and puppies trot off to new homes with nary a glance backward, responsible breeders do everything they can to make sure the pup not only gets a good start in life, but has a lifetime commitment to keep it healthy and safe. Although the best plans can go awry, they do not leave the fate of their pups to chance.Backyard breeders have a different perspective. Whether they are producing pups for money or to give Sassy or the kids the experience of birth, they usually approach puppy production with a carefree attitude. If a pup dies, it’s too bad, but that’s life. If it has worms or fleas or mange, that’s life, too. And if that last pup or two doesn’t sell by three months, well, it’s off to the shelter.Responsible breeders consider every aspect of puppy production to be important. After taking care to whelp healthy puppies to be sold as pets or show dogs, they treat each litter with care and concern for their physical and mental development, provide initial socialization and housetraining, and carefully screen prospective owners.

• Who told you that you can breed your dog on her second heat? Whoever told you that is dumber than a whole big sack of stupid. It is not okay to breed a dog until a dog is physically and mentally mature and that is a minimum of two years old. Every dog is different and will go into heat when their body is ready. You can't predict it.