Is there really a dog breed called redtail hound?

A family friend of my says that one of there dogs is a Redtail Hound. Which they claim is a type of hunting dog. But, I looked it up on google and it can't find that breed just a Redtail Boa. Does it really exist or is it a "fake" breed? I think they got…

A family friend of my says that one of there dogs is a Redtail Hound. Which they claim is a type of hunting dog. But, I looked it up on google and it can't find that breed just a Redtail Boa. Does it really exist or is it a "fake" breed? I think they got…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is there really a dog breed called redtail hound?...

• Is there really a dog breed called redtail hound?

Is there really a dog breed called redtail hound? Dog Breed Discussions
      A family friend of my says that one of there dogs is a Redtail Hound. Which they claim is a type of hunting dog. But, I looked it up on google and it can't find that breed just a Redtail Boa. Does it really exist or is it a "fake" breed? I think they got it from a backyard breeder.I live in the North. Well South Jersey but not south like you probably mean.

Is there really a dog breed called redtail hound? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I've never heard of a redtail hound, but there are both Red Tick and Red Bone Coonhounds. Keep in mind that there are also many "local" breeds that aren't recognized by kennel clubs but are popular and bred intentionally in the areas they originate. Especially in the South, many people breed their own style of hunting dog over may years from existing breeds they like. Its possible that a Red Tail is one of those breeds.