I have 5 dogs and live on a farm, do you think I should get another dog or will it unbalance the pack?

If so, what dog should I add to the pack:I have a chocolate Lab, Great Dane (puppy), Chihuahua, Dachshund, and a great big Afghan Hound.Yeah.. don't worry. I've adopted all my dogs and they were already spayed and neutered.

I have 5 dogs and live on a farm, do you think I should get another dog or will it unbalance the pack?

If so, what dog should I add to the pack:I have a chocolate Lab, Great Dane (puppy), Chihuahua, Dachshund, and a great big Afghan Hound.Yeah.. don't worry. I've adopted all my dogs and they were already spayed and neutered....
    Dog Breed Discussions : I have 5 dogs and live on a farm, do you think I should get another dog or will it unbalance the pack?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have 5 dogs and live on a farm, do you think I should get another dog or will it unbalance the pack?

I have 5 dogs and live on a farm, do you think I should get another dog or will it unbalance the pack? Dog Breed Discussions
      If so, what dog should I add to the pack:I have a chocolate Lab, Great Dane (puppy), Chihuahua, Dachshund, and a great big Afghan Hound.Yeah.. don't worry. I've adopted all my dogs and they were already spayed and neutered.

I have 5 dogs and live on a farm, do you think I should get another dog or will it unbalance the pack? Dog Breed Discussions
    • make sure they are all neutered and spayed. That's just an obvious thing, hopefully, to u.Sounds like that's a good enough amt. Each dog has his or her own expenses and attn. needs so I'd stop where u're at.Unless of course u hae the means and enough ppl to help u care for them.

• the real question here is can you afford another dog to add to the pack and if you are within the legal limits in your state. most states have a limit to the number of dogs you can own. you may want to check on this before adding to your pack.

• Well, that really depends on the dynamics of your existing "pack."If your dogs all get along great as a group now, ie: not two sets of partners and one lone puppy, than I would say if it ain't broke don't fix it. Furthermore, your dogs just recently accepted a new puppy into the bunch, and I would advise that another might be pushing your luck, give the puppy and the adults time to adjust to one another! On another note, I would never want to be responsible for six dogs, that seems like an awful lot, especially when combined with other animals as may be on a farm.Whatever you decide, good luck with your canine friends!

• I think that 5 dogs is a lot of dogs. It might not unbalance the pack though, if all your dogs already get along. I would get a puppy though, not a full-grown dog to add to your pack.