What are your thoughts on these breeds?

These are some breeds I am interested in and want to know if you could help me by supplying some info on them if you have had close experience with them.1. Afghan Hound2. Siberian Husky3. Border Collie4. Great Dane5. Australian Shepherd6. Irish…

These are some breeds I am interested in and want to know if you could help me by supplying some info on them if you have had close experience with them.1. Afghan Hound2. Siberian Husky3. Border Collie4. Great Dane5. Australian Shepherd6. Irish…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are your thoughts on these breeds?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are your thoughts on these breeds?

What are your thoughts on these breeds? Dog Breed Discussions
      These are some breeds I am interested in and want to know if you could help me by supplying some info on them if you have had close experience with them.1. Afghan Hound2. Siberian Husky3. Border Collie4. Great Dane5. Australian Shepherd6. Irish Wolfhound7. Rough CollieAny info you could give me would be most helpful....

What are your thoughts on these breeds? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Afghan - somewhat aloofHusky- somewhat independentBorder collie-very intelligent and activeGreat Dane-usually sweet but don't live too long.Ausie-intelligent-great companionWolfhound-see AfghanRough Collie-can be a barker but generally a lovely dog.

• Can only answer no 3. Border Collie I had two Border Collies, one lived until 9 and the other 17. They are fantastic dogs, very obedient (with training) affectionate and intelligent but they do require a lot of effort to keep them happy they are working dogs and have a lot of energy and intelligence so it it good to give them a purpose eg, fly ball or agility I also used to play games with them like..find the biscuit under the identical cups trick, hiding biscuits and letting him search for them and devoting a lot of time to playing and walking them. If you can do the above they will not disappoint you.

• http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/ Good source for unbiased info.Now, for my biased opinion.1. high maintenance, dumb as a brick.2. great dog, high maintenance, smart, needs cold weather to thrive3. great dogs, but need a task. otherwise they get bored and destructive4. good dogs, need an experienced owner or they take over the alpha role5. ...6. see no.47 ...

• 1. Afghan Hound -- friend breeds them, nice enough I suppose2. Siberian Husky -- ones I have known have been dog aggressive3. Border Collie -- better than most owners deserve -- need to use their brains and work with their owners. Excel at agility, exceptional herders.4. Great Dane -- not much experience5. Australian Shepherd -- great all-around family dog suitable for obedience, agility, herding, etc.6. Irish Wolfhound -- tall and shortlived7. Rough Collie -- great all-around family dog, capable of obedience, agility, herding, etc.

• what you want, you research the care and breed defects of the dogsyou buy from a breeder that health test stock back 6 generationsall of these are not for the first time owners unless you have a lot of time and people to help youyou need to train, exercise, socialize, groom and take to vet regularlylive in house with you with 4/7 supervision in fenced yard