What type of dogs come in teacup size?

I know poodles and Yorkshires do, what other dogs? =] I'm just wondering, I'm probably not going to get one. =]

I know poodles and Yorkshires do, what other dogs? =] I'm just wondering, I'm probably not going to get one. =]...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What type of dogs come in teacup size?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What type of dogs come in teacup size?

What type of dogs come in teacup size? Dog Breed Discussions
      I know poodles and Yorkshires do, what other dogs? =] I'm just wondering, I'm probably not going to get one. =]

What type of dogs come in teacup size? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Why do you want one?Because teacups are unhealthy 2000 dollar sick dogs.Online and at stores they say "We have teacups,poodles,chihuahuas,yorkies,malteses and so many more!"Which is basically saying"We have all kinds of expensive sick dogs!"

• Absolutely no breed comes in a "Teacup" size.Backyard Greeders and Puppy Mills just call them that to get extra money for them. In fact, they are nothing but runts, bred to runts, bred to runts to achieve the smaller size.

• Actually, there are ZERO breeds that come in teacup sizes.About the breeds you mentioned:Yorkies only come in one size.Poodles come in toy, miniature, and standard; not teacup.Go to the AKC website and read the breed standards. Not a one of them will say "teacup".http://www.akc.org/breeds/index.cfm?nav_area=breeds"Teacup" is a made-up term by unethical breeders to get ignorant people to buy their sickly runts..

• You asked for the types of dogs considered small as in tea cup. This is a list of toy dogsAffenpinscher Brussels Griffon Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Chihuahua Chinese Crested English Toy Spaniel Havanese Italian Greyhound Japanese Chin Maltese Manchester Terrier (Toy) Miniature Pinscher Papillon Pekingese Pomeranian Pug Shih Tzu Silky Terrier Toy Fox Terrier Yorkshire Terrier Poodles These are types of toy dogs. They are healthy if you get them from the right place. I have a maltese and she is perfectly healthy. I DID NOT BUY HERE FROM A BREEDER THAT MAKES MONEY FOR BEING TERRIBLE TO DOGS! I recieved her free from a friend. Hope this helps!

• Pomeranians and Chihuahuas can also be unethically bred to be "Teacups"Please try to understand that there is NO SUCH THING as a teacup, micro, etc. breed! The breeders make the dogs give birth early to produce sick runts that are unnaturally small, make runts breed together, starve the puppies, and lots more sick ways to produce a "teacup" dog and sell them for an enormous amount of money, woman can't resist them. It's disgusting, it's sad.

• ok, if someone sells you a "teacup" anything they have scammed you. there is no such thing !!All it is , is the runt of the litter or one or even a group that because of there genetics is going to be small - probably smaller than average - a minature versionthis caught on and was appealing to people because they are so darned cute that breeders knew they had something - a glitch if you will - where they could advertise as this and get more money because they are tiny - people will love thema and pay more for them - which in turn also helps support the puppy mills because they will breed in mass to get these tiny little runts to make the extra buckand the bottom line is a lot of these "teacups" have health issues and end up costing the buyer mega bucks in vet bills

• Absolutely no breed, because Teacups don't exist! There is no such thing as a Teacup anything! They are called Runts! The term Teacup, Miniature, Micro and Pocket size, are what irresponsible breeders, that don't care about the welfare of their dogs call them, when they breed one Runt to another Runt! They breed two runts, in order to produce smaller puppies, and rip people off, by charging them more money for them!

• Little plastic ones like come from the toy store.No little dog fits into my Grandmothers 6 oz. teacup. This term is overused by so many breeders who want to sell you something that is not healthy, sometimes a dwarf, that won't live long, inbred, and so on. Be careful if you are planning getting a little dog. Check out the breeders and run from anyone who tells you that the dog they have for sale is a "teacup"While the Poodles, Yorkshires etc. are small they all are in the "toy" dog category. Hope you get the dog of your dreams from a superior breeder who will guarantee and stand behind what they sell. Look up A.K.C. org and read what the "standards" are for each dog you are thinking of getting.

• Any teacup dog is bad.They are the runts of the litter.Usually runts are good sometimes, right.Not in this case, these are sick little runts, that the breeder is trying to sell to you for a high price making them sound super-cute and special.They usually die fast.But sometimes I want to buy one and hopefully nurse it back to health.So it doesn't die.But i can't because the price is unbelievably high and I can't afford it.Oh, and I'm glad your not getting one, you should get a dog that will live for a long time so you can love it for a long time! =)

• No dog comes in a teacup size. Teacup is a myth. It does not exist in dogs, only in dishes. Read what the AKC and other reputable dog groups state about the teacup myth. Breeders who advertise animals as teacup are breeding animals that are too small to be safely bred. They are playing on misinformation and the lack of knowledge of buyers. No dog should ever be advertised as a teacup because it simply does not exist.