What have you planned for your dogs this year?

Happy New Year to all my friends & associates. Hope your doggy plans are enriching and come to fruition.LEGIT - WHat extraordinary and amazing things are yoou hoping for with your dog/s this year?To the less caring people who frequent here, maybe this…

Happy New Year to all my friends & associates. Hope your doggy plans are enriching and come to fruition.LEGIT - WHat extraordinary and amazing things are yoou hoping for with your dog/s this year?To the less caring people who frequent here, maybe this…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What have you planned for your dogs this year?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What have you planned for your dogs this year?

What have you planned for your dogs this year? Dog Breed Discussions
      Happy New Year to all my friends & associates. Hope your doggy plans are enriching and come to fruition.LEGIT - WHat extraordinary and amazing things are yoou hoping for with your dog/s this year?To the less caring people who frequent here, maybe this is appropriate:Everyone wants a dog> that sleeps all day> Guards all night> Never sheds it's coat> Never barks, Eats air,> But poos diamonds!!!LOL Mariah - let me know if he has a brother, ok?

What have you planned for your dogs this year? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Kira- Finish Her championship and JH titlesEureka- Finish her championship, possibly breedBuddy- Do some agilityBB-start her show career and field careerBasically this year will revolve around shows I am sure. We are hosting Bulldog Nationals this year in November so I hope that will all go smoothly when the time comes. Preparations are in full swing for that.

• I'll take the last option, for sure! The other options, not so much. I kind of like my dogs to interact with me and sleep all night, being a groomer, I like maintaining show coats, so shedding isn't a problem, barking is trainable and I don't mind them eating either, they learn cool tricks if they are a bit food motivated.I'm planning to finish 2 championships on 2 of my Havanese girls. The youngest, Teagan, at 10 months has 2 points, the adult, Wednesday is 2 1/2, she has 5. She has been an interesting exercise in grooming and conformation because she is a corded Havanese and is my first attempt at cording. http://www.havanesegallery.hu/show_dog_en.php?id=26695If they finish up I think I'll probably do some agility with them, Wednesday needs all her testing done this year too, I've only done her eyes and patellas so far, so, I need to get her hips and hearing done so she can get her CHIC#. Next year {2012} I want to start hunting for a really good little male to breed her to. She is very special, very well bred and well put together. She is so stylish and sound that when I do show her she wins Bred By Exhibitor Groups. It's going to take a very special male to get in her pants! I hope she only has 2 or 3 puppies when it does happen, I'm going to want to keep them all. I'm not really even looking for other homes and have been deliberately turning down show puppies so I'll have room to build a breeding program around her. She's that good of abitch. Mind you, I have been in dogs for more than 30 years, but, Havanese have been my passion for 6 years now, I only have 3 of them. I'm in the midst of getting out of Afghans, they are too difficult, as much as I love the breed, I can not deal with them like I used to. I like the smaller dogs now, they are much more portable, not to mention cheaper to feed and keep. If they are treated like dogs they are delightful to live with too. I researched many breeds of smaller dogs before I got my first Hav, now I'm hooked. {I still might get an Affenpinscher though}Anyway, those are my big dog plans for the next year and a little beyond. Happy New Year to all and here's hoping that everyone's plans and dreams come to fruition.

• Jayse....same wishes to you!Our plan is to continue our herding training...and my goal is to enter the "large flock" AHBA trial this fall. My dog loves herding, as any good BC should....and I love giving her the opportunity. So much fun and rewarding to see her satisfied.