How can I teach my dog to leave me alone?

I taught him "come", but now I want to teach him "leave" so whenever I say it he leaves my sight. How can I teach him that with rewards system?

I taught him "come", but now I want to teach him "leave" so whenever I say it he leaves my sight. How can I teach him that with rewards system?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How can I teach my dog to leave me alone?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can I teach my dog to leave me alone?

How can I teach my dog to leave me alone? Dog Breed Discussions
      I taught him "come", but now I want to teach him "leave" so whenever I say it he leaves my sight. How can I teach him that with rewards system?

How can I teach my dog to leave me alone? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You teach him the "place" command by showing it what it means...a small place that has been marked in plain view for the dog to see. You guide it there with the leash for the first 100 or so reps and you reward it for going there every time. You keep doing it from further and further away until it runs to that place when commanded from anywhere in the house. Once the dog KNOWS what the command means, you use compulsion, I use the Electric collar, to correct any BS blowing off the command.

• If your dog it bothering you, he most likely needs more attention and activity. He may be bored. Spend some time playing with him or walking him. If you can't give him this time, re home him so he has a chance to find the right home and live happily.

• Toss a treat away from you so he goes to get it As he gets it give the command "leave" once he starts to get it throw the treats less frequently still telling him "leave" soon stop giving the treats completely. he should still leave still if not try tossing out treats for him again. (if all else fails get a cat)