Is there anything that can cover a dogs ears?

My dog has a habit of shaking his head everytime he wakes up from a nap/sleep. I have taken him to the vet he does not have mites or an ear infection and I have tried to break the habit (he just doesn't understand). This is very annoying and he wakes…

My dog has a habit of shaking his head everytime he wakes up from a nap/sleep. I have taken him to the vet he does not have mites or an ear infection and I have tried to break the habit (he just doesn't understand). This is very annoying and he wakes…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is there anything that can cover a dogs ears?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is there anything that can cover a dogs ears?

Is there anything that can cover a dogs ears? Dog Breed Discussions
      My dog has a habit of shaking his head everytime he wakes up from a nap/sleep. I have taken him to the vet he does not have mites or an ear infection and I have tried to break the habit (he just doesn't understand). This is very annoying and he wakes me, my wife and now my infant up sometimes multiple times at night. Can anyone recommend a type of head gear that will contain his ears when he sleeps?

Is there anything that can cover a dogs ears? Dog Breed Discussions
    • check in the dog show pages in the internet, I know they have some bonnets or something so the dogs with long and flowing ears dont get their ears wet when drinking water just before a show.

• That's normal...many dogs do it. It's like stretching. If he's bugging you, don't keep him in your bedroom at night, or get a white noise machine to cover up the noise.

• My dog does something similar, but if it's not causing any damage, you really don't need to worry about it. However, if it really annoys you, you could probably get an Elizabethan collar (those cones that go on their heads) or something similar.

• unless there is anything medically wrong you cant stop a dog shaking his ears/head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, he doesnt see anything he is doing is wrong so why should he understand when you tell him he shouldnt be doing that , shaking the head aint a crime

• It is called a snood. Very big in the greyhound world usually attaches to a coat. Basically a sleeve some come with elastic to keep it on the dogs head. I don't know how big your dog is but if you have an old T-shirt cut off a sleeve and pull it over your dogs head it has to be just the right size or it will be easy to pull off or on. Or just make one if you just need it to cover the ears make one with two elastic (one for head one for neck)

• They make ear muffs for basset hounds, to hold their ears back while they eat, but they're not made to wear all the time. I can't think of any other gear to hold back dogs ears. I'm sure they make it, because I've seen dogs wear them at shows.

• I have Afghan hounds, we use a "snood" to keep their ears out of their water, food and to keep them from dragging on the ground. It is a tube of material with elastic on both ends, you slip it over the dog's head and it holds the ears close to the neck. Google Snoods, or check out www.petedge.comThey carry them. They are very easy to make, once you know what one looks like.