What are the different acronyms for the different breeds of dogs?

I know that APBT is American Pit Bull Terrier and of course BT is Boston Terrier.But what is GSD and others that are commonly seen here?0niongirl - I see that you say you're a "Professional"... what are you a "Professional" in?

I know that APBT is American Pit Bull Terrier and of course BT is Boston Terrier.But what is GSD and others that are commonly seen here?0niongirl - I see that you say you're a "Professional"... what are you a "Professional" in?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are the different acronyms for the different breeds of dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are the different acronyms for the different breeds of dogs?

What are the different acronyms for the different breeds of dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      I know that APBT is American Pit Bull Terrier and of course BT is Boston Terrier.But what is GSD and others that are commonly seen here?0niongirl - I see that you say you're a "Professional"... what are you a "Professional" in?

What are the different acronyms for the different breeds of dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • GSD stand for german shepherd dog.*******for the answer above********I've worked as a vet tech, dog trainer, dog walker, pet sitter. I've managed a couple of horse farms but now I'm currently in vet school in MD. I'm just basically an all around animal lover with lots of in the field experience. I say "professional" because I hope that someone will respect my answers and not think I'm just guessing.

• the ones that i know-APBT (American Pit Bull Terrier)BT (Boston Terrier or Border Terrier)GSD (German Shepherd Dog)JRT (Jack Russell Terrier)PBGV (Petit Basset Griffon Vandeen)ST.B (Saint Bernard)BC (Border Collie)AFG (Afghan hound)don't think Doxie counts...(for Dachshund) but i'm sticking it in here! lolCLD (Catahoula Leopard Dog)andDAL (Dalmation)

• Yeah, the GSD one has been answered...but I'll say it again!GSD > German Shepherd DogBT > Boston TerrierAPBT > American Pitbull TerrierAFG > Afghan HoundJRT > Jack Russell TerrierDP > Doberman PinscherBC > Border CollieGD > Great DaneCCR > Curly-coated RetrieverFCR > Flat coated RetrieverOES > Old English Sheep DogPBGV > Petit Basset Griffon VendeenPWC > Pembroke Welsh CorgiLR > Labrador RetrieverGSP > German Shorthaired PointerAnd there is many many more...just check the internethttp://www.k9web.com/dog-faqs/lists/acronym-list.html#breed